A Medical Home is about YOU.
Please visit this Medical Home Link to learn more about what a Medical Home means for you.
Your Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home is committed to providing the following:
- Accessible care 24/7. You can reach our office or answering service by phone anytime by calling 816-781-4740. We can schedule an appointment for you quickly when you need one, and same-day appointments are also available.
- Personal Comprehensive Care. We encourage you to choose a personal clinician so that you can work with a care team that will get to know you, your life situation and preferences. Our care team will remember these details and take time to meet your needs- in wellness and illness. We will help you address any health issues at any given stage of your life.
- Proactive & Preventative Care. We will help you build a personal care plan and keep track of your health history. We will suggest treatment options that make sense for you and make sure that you understand your condition and how to best take care of yourself.
- Coordination of care. We will help you find the right specialist or community resources when needed. We will ensure that they receive all of the information they need to treat you. We will also help you sort through information and provide counseling to help you understand your treatment options.
- Continuous care. You can expect continuity over time as we provide accurate, effective and timely communication about the services you want or need from all of the members of your health care team.
You are the most important part of your Medical Home Team
You can actively participate in your care in the following ways:
- Learn about your condition and what you can do to stay as healthy as possible
- Understand that you are a full partner in your own health care
- Provide a complete medical history to your provider
- Follow your care plan to the best of your ability
- Communicate with your Medical Home team
- Notify your team of medications, vitamins, or other remedies you use
- Let your team know if you get care from other health professionals
- Give feedback to your team and talk openly with them so they can improve your care as best as possible